Firm closing

finlo

1 hour ago, majkul said:

This has been in the pipeline for a couple of months, mainly due to costs. Much cheaper to run the whole operation from the Philippines than the Isle of Man.

They had traders here from the Philippines more recently too. Within the last 3 years. They were/are all in Admiral House I think.

28 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Milan Vets Castletown branch closed “temporarily” until further notice, yesterday 

Staffing issues I'd imagine.  I know the Douglas Milan branch wasn't taking new clients at least a few months ago. 

I use Medicor and was chatting to the owner recently (genuinely good guy).  He was telling me that most of his vets come from Eastern Europe as he can't get any UK vets to take a job here, even with offering them over the odds.  It's not just the human medical sector that is having issues over here. 

1 hour ago, newaccount said:

La Villa Parrilla facebook:

We are temporarily closed, we will be back open later in March with a new name and new concept. Stay tuned for further updates!

That arcade is a difficult spot to make it work as a business.

1 hour ago, Jarndyce said:

What a beautiful day! What a beautiful day for running into Body Shop and asking “ have you got this in a size 10?”

Not one word of this makes sense. 

Are you confusing Body Shop  with 

Ann Summers? 😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Phantom said:

Staffing issues I'd imagine.  I know the Douglas Milan branch wasn't taking new clients at least a few months ago. 

I use Medicor and was chatting to the owner recently (genuinely good guy).  He was telling me that most of his vets come from Eastern Europe as he can't get any UK vets to take a job here, even with offering them over the odds.  It's not just the human medical sector that is having issues over here. 

Unplanned building works I was told when booking an appointment for the hound.  Old place with plenty of filler in the window frames.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, x-in-man said:

Unplanned building works I was told when booking an appointment for the hound.  Old place with plenty of filler in the window frames.

Sounds plausible.  Their Facebook post yesterday said "We hope this closure will be for approx 2 weeks.",  which is the sort of timeframe you would expect for such works.  And similarly you wouldn't want to give a definite reopening date with building works.

• Like 1