Firm closing

finlo

15 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

I love it when people think it’s Szechuan, it makes me feel all smug and superior when I  correct them.

They’re both Anglo transliterations of the original. Neither is exactly the phonetic of the original, although in the dialect of the region Sczechuan is possibly nearer but since romanisation (pinyin) in the 1980’s Sichuan is the Chinese official.

But Brits ( and Germans and French ) have always been good about not using original names, Roma, Firenze, Venezia, København, etc

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, John Wright said:

They’re both Anglo transliterations of the original. Neither is exactly the phonetic of the original, although in the dialect of the region Sczechuan is possibly nearer but since romanisation (pinyin) in the 1980’s Sichuan is the Chinese official.

But Brits ( and Germans and French ) have always been good about not using original names, Roma, Firenze, Venezia, København, etc

Them fellas is the same with Darby an Andress 🤔

Edited by mollag
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, John Wright said:

Love Sichuan cuisine.

Yes.. One issue is that i sometimes end up needing Rennie afterwards as some of the dishes can be super hot but it's worth the pain.

On my first visit to one ordered Laziji / Chongqing chicken . Now this comes with a whole load of whole fried sichuan peppers along with the chicken .. I didn't know that you were not supposed to eat the whole peppers. .. I ate them all and nearly ended up in hospital 😞

It's still one of my favourite dishes 🙂

La_Zi_Ji_(Chicken_with_Chiles)_(2269517013).jpg

Edited by mad_manx

Nice of them to fix the name of the publication I write for. Original article here:

https://agbrief.com/news/philippines/18/02/2024/188bet-moves-its-license-and-operations-from-europe-to-the-philippines/

I haven’t worked for 188BET in years but still know them of course. Great company who treat staff well. Yes it’s a loss for the island but operators come and go. Sometimes somewhere else is a better fit and there are still plenty more coming.