Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

7 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Are you and marje related by any chance dilli? There are some similarities.

5 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

inbreeding.jpg?w=294&h=300

That's two wasted lives already.

Oh and L C , you really should not put your Mum and Dad's pic online.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Marge had a good knowledge of everything Manx and had a special "perception" ? of what was going down.

Don't ever think that she was anybody's fool, because she most definitely was not.

Marge had a hard life and did far more than her fair share to raise a family.

I have or indeed had, (as she is no longer here) 100% respect for her

Those who knock her, did not know her or did not understand her

Their loss.

Those who mock her still need to take a good look at themselves and get a fucking life.:angry:

Plus, I believe Marge had a fair bit of her knowledge published in Private Eye

2 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Marge had a good knowledge of everything Manx and had a special "perception" ? of what was going down.

Don't ever think that she was anybody's fool, because she most definitely was not.

Marge had a hard life and did far more than her fair share to raise a family.

I have or indeed had, (as she is no longer here) 100% respect for her

Those who knock her, did not know her or did not understand her

Their loss.

Those who mock her still need to take a good look at themselves and get a fucking life.:angry:

Marge was just a pre-internet moaner who found the only outlet that was available then. Nowadays she’s just be incessantly moaning and posting bollocks on here all day not having to wait for the radio slot to happen. 

Edited by Kevmeister
Spelling
  • Like 1

On 6/5/2018 at 8:39 PM, dilligaf said:

Marge was a legend

I knew her personally and she was far from the woman many would have you believe 

This. 

Please do not accept character references from this man. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Gizo said:

This. 

Please do not accept character references from this man. 

37 minutes ago, Kevmeister said:

I suppose a rapist might be pleased with the endorsement. 

Why don't you two just grow up, or even try to understand what the grown ups are talking about. FFS.?

You two sound like 12 year olds who have just found a copy of Mayfair or something.

Simple things amusing simple minds. Wankers.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, La Colombe said:

Does the chap at Glen Helen appreciate the relationship between a microphone, his proximity to it and sound levels? I suspect not. 

If only we had someone with your technical skills and an answer for every 'challenge'.

I haven't listened to the race commentary (not my cup of tea) but like to close-mike myself in the studio. I ride the faders to achieve a correct audio level, and if I get it wrong the Optimod in the transmitter chain should sort it out, or raise my level if I'm too quiet. But I suspect trying to talk over ear-splitting race bikes whilst allowing a bit of ambience is a much more difficult proposition. Sky F1 get it wrong most races, and they spend more on a single show than MR does all year.

8 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

If only we had someone with your technical skills and an answer for every 'challenge'.

I haven't listened to the race commentary (not my cup of tea) but like to close-mike myself in the studio. I ride the faders to achieve a correct audio level, and if I get it wrong the Optimod in the transmitter chain should sort it out, or raise my level if I'm too quiet. But I suspect trying to talk over ear-splitting race bikes whilst allowing a bit of ambience is a much more difficult proposition. Sky F1 get it wrong most races, and they spend more on a single show than MR does all year.

They need to sort the sound levels around mandate in the mornings. 200db shopshite adverts, loud mandate presenter, whispering weathermen and whispering news headline readers.

We shouldn't have to constantly adjust the volume on our radios.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

audio levellers have been around for years in radio studios.....

with digital mixers its even easier.... 

• Like 1