Russia

Sentience

Let's see how far Boris is prepared to go now in imposing sanctions on Russian money in the City and elsewhere in the UK. My guess is that there'll be even more bullshit and evasion than there was over Partygate.

37 minutes ago, 2bees said:

Cyber attacks are inevitable, the Russians are the best hackers in the world. We're fucked mate. Go listen to the song I sent you x

I dunno about that, they're one of the most liberal with their cyber attacks, but other countries have equal/better hackers.

17 minutes ago, HeliX said:

I dunno about that, they're one of the most liberal with their cyber attacks, but other countries have equal/better hackers.

They’ve built a spy ship with the sole purpose of identifying and cutting undersea cables. It’s been hovering over the trans Atlantic cable for weeks.

https://www.navalnews.com/naval-news/2021/08/russian-spy-ship-yantar-loitering-near-trans-atlantic-internet-cables/

15 minutes ago, Mr. Sausages said:

They’ve built a spy ship with the sole purpose of identifying and cutting undersea cables. It’s been hovering over the trans Atlantic cable for weeks.

https://www.navalnews.com/naval-news/2021/08/russian-spy-ship-yantar-loitering-near-trans-atlantic-internet-cables/

Yep, Russia's approach all over. Not particularly sophisticated (though some of their cyber attacks are), but they just don't give a fuck about getting caught doing something wrong so they don't have to be sophisticated.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

They've gone and done it and invaded then.

Assassinate Putin.

This is the end of Putin, politically. He's now persona non-grata with most of the world. His only support comes from similar unstable leaders like Lukashenko.

Edited by Andy Onchan

1 hour ago, Shake me up Judy said:

In relation to the Island, I hope that Alf and senior figures in Government are proactive on this. I'd be getting the FSC in for starters (Today) to get some idea of how much Russian money, in whatever form, is on the Island. 

Let's hope they're not ringing Allan Bell for advice... 😂

3 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

It's rare that I disagree with you Non-Believer, but I think Boris gets it. He knows his history and I think we'll see a big escalation in the sanctions today. Biden is the big problem now. He's barely sentient. 

Johnson and the current tory admin are utterly compromised by Russian money. That’s why the report into Russian election interfering was never released, the sanctions are so weak, Evgeny Alexandrovich Lebedev was appointed to the house of lords… etc

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sausages said:

Johnson and the current tory admin are utterly compromised by Russian money. That’s why the report into Russian election interfering was never released, the sanctions are so weak, Evgeny Alexandrovich Lebedev was appointed to the house of lords… etc

It all started during the Blair years.

• Thanks 1