IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

39 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

I honestly didn’t know it was stil a thing.

What difference does this change make to peoples lives?  What was it still used for?

Yes. Existed until 30 November.

Domestically it hadn’t been used for 2+ years. Internationally not required to enter any country for the last 10 days.

I only know because I wanted to upload my last booster. I’m about to travel for Xmas & New Year, until end January. Paul is travelling until end March.

Having been nearly trapped in Bulgaria, Spain and UK in March 2020 we felt that having up to date passes might have been a safeguard, evidence wise, if there was a flare up and lock down anywhere on route.

Im staying 20km from where the first Spanish lockdown was in February 2020, with armed police road blocks in and out. Paul is going to Bansko. Same thing happened there in mid March 2020.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Major Rushen said:

Did Dr Magson always work from home (UK) during her employment?

Dunno. She wasn't here for much of it, it was widely commented upon at the time, mostly along the lines of 'well this shows that the policy of paying senior management huge amounts of money to work remotely is completely flawed when there is a crisis'. Of course, post covid our current and highly esteemed Health Minister argued that this policy is fine.  

• Like 1

On 12/4/2023 at 6:41 PM, John Wright said:

Yes. Existed until 30 November.

Domestically it hadn’t been used for 2+ years. Internationally not required to enter any country for the last 10 days.

I only know because I wanted to upload my last booster. I’m about to travel for Xmas & New Year, until end January. Paul is travelling until end March.

Having been nearly trapped in Bulgaria, Spain and UK in March 2020 we felt that having up to date passes might have been a safeguard, evidence wise, if there was a flare up and lock down anywhere on route.

Im staying 20km from where the first Spanish lockdown was in February 2020, with armed police road blocks in and out. Paul is going to Bansko. Same thing happened there in mid March 2020.

I have difficulty believing you.

You are an intelligent and well informed man so it beggars belief that you have chosen to put these rushed to market, novel vaccines into yourself. And done so again and again. If you really have, and you still believe VOR is in his ‘own class of idiocy’ you might take a look at the current stats. for illness ‘spikes’. He is not alone.

I am also fairly sure you will have an understanding of what the so called digital ‘Covid pass’ is really about. The UK, and seemingly all, government/s have been gagging to get us all to subscribe to a national ID scheme. If we ever agree to such a thing there will be no going back. We will be on an inexorable path to a Chinese ‘social credit’ system and all our freedoms will quickly ebb away.

You either already know this and are simply ‘shilling’ for this lunacy, or are the equal of any idiot on this forum.

16 minutes ago, ricardo said:

You are an intelligent and well informed man so it beggars belief that you have chosen to put these rushed to market, novel vaccines into yourself. And done so again and again. If you really have, and you still believe VOR is in his ‘own class of idiocy’ you might take a look at the current stats. for illness ‘spikes’. He is not alone.

I am also fairly sure you will have an understanding of what the so called digital ‘Covid pass’ is really about. The UK, and seemingly all, government/s have been gagging to get us all to subscribe to a national ID scheme. If we ever agree to such a thing there will be no going back. We will be on an inexorable path to a Chinese ‘social credit’ system and all our freedoms will quickly ebb away.

You either already know this and are simply ‘shilling’ for this lunacy, or are the equal of any idiot on this forum.

Ohh dear , thought they had all gone into hiding . And don’t start on me with your rubbish as I will just tell you where to get off. I’ve never had Covid , had all the jabs , 5 now , no reaction to any . Byeee ohh and as a footnote I don’t care what they might have or find out about me… good luck to them ….

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ricardo said:

You are a much bigger idiot than even VoR if you believe this tosh.

Yes, I had 3 primary doses and I’ve had 5 boosters. Im immunocompromised following leukaemia and experimental chemo. I live life to the full and travel. I wasn’t willing to stay at home, isolated, any longer than necessary. In fact I travelled as soon as travel was allowed, with testing, and then, got to vax and pass, and kept them valid.

Ive a driving licence, a digital passport and lots of other digital ID. If I could wrap them up in one ID card I could use for anything and everything  I’d have no real objections. My only concerns are data protection and the state not having the right to stop me, or make me identify myself, without sufficient cause.

Jabs and passes would have helped avoid difficulties like these

Mid March 2020 Paul got out of Bansko 48 hours before it was locked down

He drove to Greece and took the ferry to Italy so he could then take the ferry to Spain. He didn’t want to drive through Lombardy as many towns were locked down.He was refused boarding on the Italy/Spain leg as Spain closed its air and maritime borders.

He drove from Civitavecchia to Catalonia. Stayed there as we tried to work out routes home. Ferry services cancelled between Spain & England, and Spain and Ireland. Had to drive non stop to Calais, as couldn’t get into a hotel in England, to get the last ferry home. En route he was going past Igualada on the way to the nearest motorway. Ended up with armed police redirecting him away from the exclusion area.

I drove and took the ferry to Spain in July 2020, then took a different car to Bulgaria via ferries to Italy and Greece. The Italians closed the borders to anyone who had been in Bulgaria in the 14 days travelling, before my return trip. Had to abandon the car. Took 6 months before I got it back.

December 2020, when, having had our first jabs, we got PCR tested, drove down to  Portsmouth, but were denied boarding as Spain again closed its borders to non nationals/residents due to Delta. We came back to IoM after 72 hours away, just before Christmas and spent Xmas and New Year in isolation. 

January 2022, by when I’d had my third primary, but the pass system couldn’t record third primaries, only boosters, I was allowed into Spain, with a test,  but not into France ( which required a vax within the previous 6 months to show on the pass ). I’d booked, a show in Toulouse a long time before, was going to drive, but the hotel wouldn’t allow check in without a pass showing a more recent dose than mine showed.

I don’t expect it to happen again, in my lifetime. But as the doses and pass were free, and if it does come back, I felt it was useful belt and braces.

• Like 2

On 12/5/2023 at 7:34 AM, TheTeapot said:

I hope it is regurgitated in the local press wherever it is that Magson has a job. 

You will find that the publicity will be being carefully monitored as I think the Maudsley relies on donations as well and if it’s likely to put off donations she’ll probably be out on her ass quick enough if there’s any suggestion of possible reputational damage. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

You are a much bigger idiot than even VoR if you believe this tosh.

Yes, I had 3 primary doses and I’ve had 5 boosters. Im immunocompromised following leukaemia and experimental chemo. I live life to the full and travel. I wasn’t willing to stay at home, isolated, any longer than necessary. In fact I travelled as soon as travel was allowed, with testing, and then, got to vax and pass, and kept them valid.

Ive a driving licence, a digital passport and lots of other digital ID. If I could wrap them up in one ID card I could use for anything and everything  I’d have no real objections. My only concerns are data protection and the state not having the right to stop me, or make me identify myself, without sufficient cause.

Jabs and passes would have helped avoid difficulties like these

Mid March 2020 Paul got out of Bansko 48 hours before it was locked down

He drove to Greece and took the ferry to Italy so he could then take the ferry to Spain. He didn’t want to drive through Lombardy as many towns were locked down.He was refused boarding on the Italy/Spain leg as Spain closed its air and maritime borders.

He drove from Civitavecchia to Catalonia. Stayed there as we tried to work out routes home. Ferry services cancelled between Spain & England, and Spain and Ireland. Had to drive non stop to Calais, as couldn’t get into a hotel in England, to get the last ferry home. En route he was going past Igualada on the way to the nearest motorway. Ended up with armed police redirecting him away from the exclusion area.

I drove and took the ferry to Spain in July 2020, then took a different car to Bulgaria via ferries to Italy and Greece. The Italians closed the borders to anyone who had been in Bulgaria in the 14 days travelling, before my return trip. Had to abandon the car. Took 6 months before I got it back.

January 2021, by when I’d had my third primary, but the pass system couldn’t record third primaries, only boosters, I was allowed into Spain, with a test,  but not into France ( which required a vax within the previous 6 months to show on the pass ). I’d booked, a show in Toulouse a long time before, was going to drive, but the hotel wouldn’t allow check in without a pass showing a more recent dose than mine showed.

I don’t expect it to happen again, in my lifetime. But as the doses and pass were free, and if it does come back, I felt it was useful belt and braces.

Whether I am one or not, I shan’t continue along the ‘idiocy’ route - we are all entitled to make the choices we see fit. Currently anyway. I am deeply sorry you have the health issues you do and hope you continue to live a rich, and hopefully long life.

The journey you’ve describe sounds like a challenging adventure - as uncomfortable as it may have been it was surely better than being isolated at home? I myself travelled almost the length and breadth of Europe during 2020, mostly without incident, unvaxxed, but with nauseatingly regular nose swabs - a disgusting invasion of bodily autonomy. And for a test that gave virtually meaningless results (its’ inventor was vocal about it not being suitable for such use).

Am unsure which ‘tosh’ you refer to?

It is surely factual that the appalling - my judgement - supposed vaccines were rushed to market, without undergoing the lengthy clinical trials program that such novel drugs are normally subjected to? (the ‘fast track’ story was ‘tosh’ though - side effects that take time to appear can only be revealed by the passage of time, which is why clinical trials take so long - time obviously cannot be ‘fast tracked’)

It is also factual that there are now large ‘spikes’ in various cancers and heart diseases, which many doctors will privately say are almost certainly linked to the vaccine roll-out, although few will say so publicly. But whatever they say the stats. speak for themselves - take a look if you doubt this.

Perhaps you are referring to the digital ID program? Neither driving licenses nor passports are currently digital - the proposed ‘vaccine pass’ is. It is fact that the UK govt was pushing hard to introduce this. As were many others. They only stopped when backbench MP’s objected, but it is far from off the agenda. Many UK and EU MP’s/MEP’s have flagged-up the dangers within such a system, for exactly the reasons I highlight above.

I still do not believe a man as intelligent and well-informed as yourself is unaware of this. Or of the dangers.

You also know that most European police are armed - your phraseology did give a nice touch of drama though.

Edited by ricardo
typo