IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

58 minutes ago, Harry Lamb said:

The Education section makes interesting reading. Useless Minister, hopeless CEO, no planning and schools left to muddle through at very short notice with inadequate IT provision and support. The efforts of heads and teachers commended. Banker will be choked.

Nothing on the school bus incident, the lack of Minister Allisons understanding what school buses for the kids are like. 

5 hours ago, Avacado said:

I also liked the bit a page or so following that where he says Dan Davies and Greenhow usually tone down the seriousness of the messaging for MHKs

One might ask what qualifications Greenhow and Davies had/have to "tone down" medical advice from a medical professional?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cissolt said:

The return of the king?

When did Kevin Willson get involved with the whole covid thing?  He seems to feature pretty heavily.

IMG-20240103-WA0035.jpg

He was quickly appointed (don't think there was any selection process as such) as a senior investigating officer. Kev is pretty good at that sort of stuff so seemed a sensible appointment tbh 

3 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

He was quickly appointed (don't think there was any selection process as such) as a senior investigating officer. Kev is pretty good at that sort of stuff so seemed a sensible appointment tbh 

It's the first time I've heard his name crop up so it seems he must have done a good job

23 minutes ago, cissolt said:

It's the first time I've heard his name crop up so it seems he must have done a good job

He will have done. Shit hot at that side of the business. 

Just had a skim through. The bit I was looking for was adherence to the JESIP joint decision model. It gets a mention but I suspect it wouldn't be popular in some quarters 

38 minutes ago, Johnny F said:

Do any tech savvy members of the forum know if they used some kind of speech to text recording machine on the interviews, a lot of Ashfords interview is almost unintelligible? 

That's just his normal speech patterns but he's not alone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

BMA - Dr Ranson had considered taking part in the Covid Review but having learned that key documents are not available to the Review and further documents have been deleted she is not willing to participate in what she considers is a sham that will not represent the truth of what occurred.1 Nov 2023

Brunner report - 7. Among those who gave evidence to the Review confidentially were Ms Magson, 
former CEO of the Department of Health and Social Care, and Dr Ranson, former 
Medical Director. The Review is grateful for involvement from them both, 
which has been of much assistance.

It appears £1.5m gives a smoother whitewash finish than the measly £68k paid to Expol on "concocted" minutes.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Grateful Pleb said:

We’re all just so SO grateful to you for saving the whole island when you did. I’ve read every word of your 27,000 word attention seeking egomaniacal statement tonight, including references to your therapist to solicit direct sympathy from any reader, and I’d like you to know that I’ve had a nice little clap in my garden just for you tonight. I hope you’re well. God bless you and your therapist and I’m just grateful that I’m still alive just because of you. 

Surely you could find a better use of your time than stalking Rachomics?

• Like 6

CM Cannan is trotting out IOMGs favourite mantra ‘lessons will be learned’ yet again. Sadly he and they won’t learn, given an opportunity they will repeat things over again. He is also trotting out how IOMG need time to digest the findings and recommendations. Surely they would have known some of them were predicted and mitigated steps taken to address those areas of concern? 

• Like 2