Nobody mentioning the Queens visit next week?

kevster

11 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

Horribe fella he was.

[ Norman Wisdom].  No he wasn’t. I knew him through some mutual friends and he was quite affable, and did a lot for charity.

He was a little irritating in that when he was being introduced to someone new he would do that pretending to fall over thing routine. But I think that’s really the worst accusation you could have levelled against him

As the Town Hall is shut for 3 days prior to the visit, are the Corpy staff given the day off? 

It’s also a good job that the ‘Queen’ is only going to the Town Hall and not visiting Strand Street or any other street, which hardly look in keeping with the occasion. 

6 hours ago, 2112 said:

As the Town Hall is shut for 3 days prior to the visit, are the Corpy staff given the day off? 

It’s also a good job that the ‘Queen’ is only going to the Town Hall and not visiting Strand Street or any other street, which hardly look in keeping with the occasion. 

1 hour ago, english zloty said:

Judging by the number of corpy workers out on a Sunday it seems the Queen is going the Old Castletown Road. U-turn at Tesco? 

Some wag has been out.

IMG_5232.jpeg

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, 2112 said:

I would imagine they will still working, but it will be inconvenient for residents and tenants who want to do business there. 

I really don't understand the reason for all this business with closures of various types, it seems much more extensive than previous Royal visits for what is actually a fairly low-key event.  Do they think the Island is a nest of Diana-fanatics, bent on assassination?

Edited by Roger Mexico
Typo

3 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

I would imagine they will still working, but it will be inconvenient for residents and tenants who want to do business there. 

I really don't understand the reason for all this business with closures of various types, it seems much more extensive than previous Royal visits for what is actually a fairly low-key event.  Do they think the Island is a nest of Diana-fanatics, bent on assassination?

Or possibly some of our extreme god-botherers will try to stone the adultress?

Anyone know if the kids are getting time off from school to wave their union jacks along the route or outside the city hall ?

all seems a bit low key to me bearing in mind ,   the pomp and fuss  the last time a queen  paid us a  royal  visit 

8 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Yes they will still work and I don’t understand the fuzz either. Whole place is closed and getting searched, we had to submit details of who will attend (without anyone actually saying what they do with that information), etc. Kinda glad I’m not there for it. Not my type of event.